I was laid off my job, after I was on short term disability for a medical reason. could not perform my job.

my work place did not let me come back to work right. two weeks later without pay they let me go.

Asked on June 11, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Massachusetts


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Okay, so you contact your state's dept of disability or unemployment dept for employment law violations.  You should also consult with an attorney.  Try www.attorneypages.com and then check his or her record at the Massachusetts State Bar.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.