What to do if I was just served papers requesting a revived judgement?

I have not paid or communicated about this debt since before the original filing. The original judgement was almost 10 years ago to the day. The court date I have been assigned is in 3 days. Can I argue statue of limitations on this as it past the 10 years as of the date I will appear in court?

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Missouri


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

judgments are good for 20 years in Indiana so they can continue to collect this debt.  work out a payment plan.  or consider bankruptcy to get a complete fresh start.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.