What can I do if I was issued a urinating in public ticket?

I was unable to make my court date because I live on the opposite side of the state. I’ve now received a warrant for my arrest letter that states “OK cite to appear” as my bond type. It says my options are to respond to the police department and I will be given a new court appearance date, but also states even though I have recieved an “ok cite to appear” letter that I still face certain criminal charges that will not be eligible for the issuance of a citation and I will be transported to butte county jail. What option do I have in order to keep myself from being put in jail?

Asked on November 7, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Your option now is to hire an attorney to speak with the prosecution and see if the warrant can be dismissed and your fine or other fees paid and make it go away. You will be placed in jail or have to pledge bond if you wind up reporting on your own and without the opportunity for counsel to negotiate.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.