If I was involved with a married man and returned love letters he sent me to his wife, am I in jeopardy of any legal repercussions?

Asked on November 29, 2011 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Steven Rinehart / Western IP Law

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can be sued in some states for loss of consortium  (e.g. interferring with another's marriage).  This used to be called loss of society.  Best not to do what you did.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.