I was injured on the job, ended up with fractured wrist, and my job decided NOT to elect workers comp. What now?

Asked on June 7, 2009 under Personal Injury, Texas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area.  You need to file the workers claim form.  if you have done that and you were denied, you need to hire a lawyer in this area that will contest the denial of your claim.  Workers comp is a no fault liability system.  This means that if you are injured at work you automatically get compensated.  The only basis i can think of for the denial is the employer claims were were not injured at work or the injury relates to something non-work related.  Again, hire a lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.