I was injured in a auto accident last year in a work vehicle, am I entittled to any compasation from the vehical insurance for my lost time and pain and suffering?

W/C has covered my medical and has settled with me.

Asked on October 7, 2014 under Personal Injury, Colorado


Edward Carlstead / The Carlstead Law Firm

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Possibly, if the accident was the fault of another driver who was also not employed by your company.  But as you may know, your workers' compensation insurer has a right to recover what it paid from that other driver, so your recovery is limited to any compensation and out-of-pocket costs you lost that was not covered by WC and your non-economic injuries, such a paid and suffering.  Also, you may be able to recover potential future medical expenses that are not cover by WC.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.