Since I was injured at work and got a hernia, if employer was notified and sugery was done would this be considered a permanat injury?

Are there papers that I need to fill out? This was reported to my employer almost a month ago but I have heard nothing from them or workers comp regarding wages, etc.

Asked on January 27, 2013 under Employment Labor Law, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

What you have written about is a work related injury covered by your employer's worker's compensation insurance policy mandated to be in effect. I would speak with your supervisor or human resources department as to what documents are needed to be filled out for your worker's compensation claim. As to the injury being deemed permanent in nature, you need to consult with your treating physician as to such.

I suggest that you consult with a worker's compensation attorney to assist you further on your matter.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.