If I was in an uninsured accident and the registration on my car is suspended for 5 months and I want to sell the car, woulda buyer have a problem registering it?

Asked on November 9, 2011 under Business Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You should be able to sell the vehicle that has a suspended registration to a new owner without any problems for the new driver being able to drive the vehicle once registered title to the car is transferred into the name of the new owner.

The new owner should not have any problems transferring title assuming you provide the original signed pink slip to him or her.

Good question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.