What to do if I was in an accident because a guy ran a red light and he says I ran the light so I got a ticket but I have witnesses saying that he was the one at fault?

After he hit me my car rolled, so when the police got there I was very disoriented and concerned about the passengers in my vehicle.

Asked on September 23, 2014 under Accident Law, South Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to contact your auto insurance company with the names and telephone numbers of the witnesses.  Your insurance company can use that information to pursue your claim against the at-fault party's insurance carrier.  Your insurance company and the at-fault driver's insurance company can take the recorded statements of the witnesses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.