If I was in a wreck and injured my back but did not file a claim or get medical attention at the time,can I still get medical attention and file a claim 1 year later?

I was assuming I had just strained my back and it would go away and since I did not have medical insurance I could not afford medical bills. So I did not get medical attention at the time of the wreck. However, My injury has just gotten more painful and has not ceased since the wreck. Can I still seek medical attention after 11 months of the wreck and file a claim against the negligent driver since I received my injury in the wreck?

Asked on March 3, 2012 under Accident Law, Alabama


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.