If I was in a motorcycle accident, was given a field sobriety and arrested for DUI, do I need to retain a DUI attorney?

I was released from jail and was not given my BAC. I do not believe that I was intoxicated, as I had a concussion and feel that was the reason for the failed sobriety test.

Asked on January 7, 2013 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that given the seriousness of the charge against you that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you with respect to the DUI charge pending. However, under the laws of all states of this country you are not required to have an attorney representing you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.