What to do if I was in a car accident and the other driver got a ticket but his insurance company is denying responsibilty?

My insurance company says I need to sue on my own.

Asked on September 16, 2012 under Accident Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you were involved in an automobile accident where you believe that the driver of the other vehicle was at fault and you suffered damages including loss of income, medical bills, pain and suffering and the like where the insurance carrier denies liability for your damages, your recourse is to either drop the claim or seek legal counsel with a personal injury attorney to see what your legal options are.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.