What to do if I was hurt at work a few days ago when I burned my arm on a 350 degree oven door?

I was not offered to fill out an accident report and I was not asked if I needed medical attention. I was simply yelled at and told to be more careful. I have since been to the doctor twice using my own personal insurance. I was told that if my arm didn’t not improve in 2 days, I would have to be admitted to the hospital. Do I have a case and should I seek counsel in my area.

Asked on October 15, 2015 under Personal Injury, West Virginia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you have a workers' compensation case.  Your employer's human resources department should have the appropriate documents you need to file your workers' compensation claim.
It is also advisable to be represented by a workers' compensation attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.