What are my rights if I was hit by a car while riding my bike?

The lady admitted to playing with her radio and said that she didn’t see me. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and then had therapy for a few months for my back. Insurance paid me out on my bike but for my pain and suffering and medical bills I bearly have enough. I won’t get any money. Should I settle or request to fight and go to court to get it?

Asked on December 6, 2013 under Accident Law, Texas


James Flinn / James Flinn - Attorney at Law

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I would like to be able to tell you exactly what to do, but I need to know more about your specific injuries.  Has your back healed up completed?  Did you get an scans, MRI, CT?  What was the specific diagnosis that your doctor gave you?  You may be entitled to a lot more money depending on the extent of your injuries.  In both Texas and Louisiana where I have handled vehicle accident cases, there is a big difference between a soft tissue back injury and a permanent spinal disc injury, so we need to know what you have.  Give me a call anytime - I don't charge for initial consultations.  You may be able to settle the case yourself for more money.  (504)-322-9159.  www.jamesflinnlaw.com


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.