There is a mobile home owned by my niece on my property, what is the process I need to take to have her and her property moved?

No rent has ever been paid or any type of rental agreement made. I was given property by my father.

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Real Estate Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your niece has a mobile home on your property that you want removed, you need to serve her with a written thirty (30) day notice to vacate. If she does not leave within this time period, you need to consult with a landlord tenant attorney to file an unlawful detainer action against her so that she and her mobile home are off your property.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.