If I was given a speeding but the ticket has incorrect information on it, should I still appear in court and pay the ticket?

The only information correct is the car information which isn’t my primary car and my street address. Everything else is inaccuracte

including my name, DOB, gender, weight and height.

Asked on March 27, 2017 under General Practice, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Appear in court: if you don't, you would likely be  given a "bench warrant" requiring you to post bail and appear in the future. Simply not appearing only delays resolution--it will not make the ticket go away (with correct car information, they will be able to find you).
When you appear in court, bring up the discrepancies to the prosecutor and/or judge--it is very likely the ticket will dismissed as to you, but they may want to know who that person is (and ask you under oath--i.e. subject to punishment if you lie). If you know the driver (e.g. friend, signficant other, daughter, sister, brother, son, etc.), they will re-issue the ticket to him or her. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.