If I was given a camper in which I have the bill of sale and title, how can I pick it up if the seller’s mother reuses to give me access to it?

The camper is located behind a chain locked fence in the mother’s backyard. She claims to not want or allow me on the property. How do I get my camper?

Asked on July 13, 2015 under Business Law, Louisiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You will have to file a legal action (lawsuit) against her, seeking a court declaratory judgment (determination) that the camper is yours as well as an injunction (court order) requiring her to turn it over to you. Once you have that, if she still refuses to do so, at that time you can get law enforcement (e.g. the sheriff) to help you. A lawyer can help you do this; if you want to do it yourself (pro se), contact the clerk of your court and ask for instructions and forms.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.