If I was falsely accused by a fellow employee of saying that I would go postal and was terminated for it, what are my options?

I was union and terminated after a 6 week investigation into an anonymous note stating that I would go postal. I waited a year and a half for my arbitration. The judgment was for the company stated that they had justification for termination as I put my fellow employees at risk. I have no criminal record, own no weapons, etc. I proved the employee that left the note a liar during the arbitration with a saved conversation he admitted to. All I want is my job back. How may I proceed with this now that the union has failed me?

Asked on July 30, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your former employer proved at the binding arbitration that it was justified in terminating you, then there is nothing that you can do to get oyur position back from a legal perspective. If you applied for a position at the company the chances of you getting an interview seems remote from what you have written.

I suggest that from what you have written is that you seek employment where you can start up anew.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.