If I was evicted due to foreclosure and the movers that were hired by the broker damaged some of my property, am I able to do anything?

Asked on March 14, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Yes, if the movers who were in charge of moving your belongings from your former home damaged your belongings, you seemingly have a factual and legal basis to bring a lawsuit against them for the costs of the repair. Remember, you have the burden to establish the costs of repair or the fair market value of the items at the time of the move if they cannot be repaired.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.