If I was convicted 4 years ago of DUI causing injury and the DMV told me that I was not eligible for my restricted license even I need it for my job, is there anything I can do?

This is my first and only DUI offense.

Asked on February 17, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a representative with your local department of motor vehicles to discuss what you need to submit to get a restricted driver's license to and from work. I suggest that you consult with an attorney with experience in reinstating driver's licenses for people who have lost them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.