If I was convicted of child abuse about 17 years ago, is it possible to expunge my record?

I been living a better life since then. I went to jail, maybe 6 months and went to parenting classes, I was unable to get my 3 children back. How do I find out what I was charged? I am not sure if I got probation and if it was a felony conviction.

Asked on July 2, 2014 under Criminal Law, California


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

An expungement may be possible, but with a felony conviction, it is not particularly likely.  You would have to consult with an experienced attorney in your area about all the particulars of the case. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.