What can I do about clearing my criminal record if I was convicted of arson and burglary of an unoccupied structure 10 years ago?

I was convicted and charged as a Youthful Offender. Now it is still on my record. What can I do about this I am attending college and looking into going into an registered nurses program?

Asked on August 29, 2013 under Criminal Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to consult with a competent criminal defense attorney experienced in expunging convictions and sealing records. Based upon what you have written about, such seems to be the way to try and resolve the problem that you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.