If I was convicted of a 2nd DUI a little over a year ago but have not completed any of the sentence requirements, do you think that I have a warrant against me?

Is there any way to deal with this and not have to go to jail?

Asked on November 11, 2014 under Criminal Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Yes, I think that it could be very possible that there is a warrant out for you.  The way to deal with it is to get an attorney involved asap before you are picked up for something like running a red light or jay walking (sounds silly; could happen). The attorney will help to smooth the path to your getting on track.  California as some of the harshest penalties for SUI sentencing and it does not help at all to offend the court this way.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.