If I was charged with failure to my change address, can Ichange my license and plates before the court dateto avoid the fines?

Asked on November 7, 2011 under General Practice, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have been charged with the failure to change your address concerning your driver's license and your vehicle's registration, you can (and probably should) go ahead and make the changes before the court date.

Whether or not the court will dismiss the charges against you or impose a minimal fine when you show up for the hearing is an unknown. However, you can at least show the court that you were responsive and cleared up the situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.