What to do if I was charged with DWLS 2nd degree?

I was told by the officer who cited me to just bring the proof that there was a misake made on the part of the DOL and the interlock company and that I should be fine. As I continue to do research it seems like I need representation however I don’t think I have enough time to hire anyone. Can I do this on my own if I have documentation of the mistake?

Asked on February 1, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you do your best to retain competent legal counsel with experience in the criminal arena to represent you at the upcoming arraignment (first appearance). If you do not have an attorney at the first appearance, ask the judge to continue the matter so that you can get one. Given the serious matter you are in, it makes no sense to try and represent yourself in it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.