What to do if I was placed on probation and am not to have contact with my ex, grandson or a certain third party but received a call from the third party that they will be dropping off my grandson?

I was charged with domestic abuse serving 60 days in jail and given probation. My grandon is being dropped off at my house and left. I am guardian for him with my ex. What do I need I do?

Asked on March 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to refuse the drop off and contact the police and indicate this person is attempting to have contact with you without your permission. Contact your lawyer immediately and have your attorney seek to have the no contact order either dropped or have a motion filed to have a restraining order against the person attempting to make contact with you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.