What to do if I was awarded child support and medical bills but my ex has not paid?

What forms do I file to have the interest and medical bills on record?

Asked on September 9, 2012 under Family Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Well first the State of Colorado has a Division of Child Support Enforcement that can help you.  I will give you the link here.  They will help you to collect the support awarded.  As for the bills, was the award reduced to a judgement?  That is what you need to do so that you can levy accounts or garnish salary.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.