How can I find out if I’m wanted for a DUI violation?

I was arrested 3 years ago for DUI. I got bonded out but due to an emergency out of state, I had to leave (while there, I got in some trouble and did 180 days in jail). I now have moved back and I’m looking to take care of this the best way possible. I’ve been doing searches and I can’t find that they even have a warrant, mugshots or anything. I need to know if I’m wanted or what?

Asked on February 9, 2013 under Criminal Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The best way to ascertain if there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest is to go down to the county court house in the county where you were arrested for your DUI matter three years ago. Pull up your file online and from there you will be able to ascertain the status of your matter and if there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.