If I was arrested for disorderly conduct and the court date was todaybut the prosecutors didn’t have paperwork and had to reschedule, can I get the case dismissed?

I showed up on time, with all documentation. This is no fault of my own and seems like it was a mistake on their part and I want to know if I can get this charge dismissed?

Asked on October 31, 2011 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

In the event that the prosecution fails to get the paper work in order concerning the disorderly conduct charge against you there is always the possibility that the judge hearing the case may dismiss the action against you.

However, before that happens, the court will give the prosecution several attempts to get the required paper work in order to proceed with the criminal matter against you. If you do not have a criminal defense attorney representing you in this matter, you should retain one.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.