What can I do if a warrant for my arrest has been issued in another state?

I was arrested and charged with criminal possession in the 7th degree. I pled guilty and they gave me a paper in which it required me to submit my DNA via mouth swap. I tried to get it done the day of court and they refused me because I didn’t have proper identification and no way of getting an identification card at this time. What can I do? I haven’t been able to get a hold of my lawyer and I’m running out of options.

Asked on February 23, 2015 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If your lawyer is not responsive find another to help you with this as soon as you can.  An attorney can help pave the way for you to turn yourself in for the warrant and negotiatie your fulfilling the court requirement asap.  You are going to have to travel to the other state to turn yourself in. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.