If I got charged with possession of paraphenalia, should I got a lawyer?

I was arrested about 7 years ago for 20 grams or less. What should I do? And what am I facing?

Asked on February 18, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


Jonathan Hackworth / Blumenauer Hackworth, P.A.

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I would strongly encourage you to get a criminal defense attorney.  There may be issues with the search and how law enforcement obtaining the evidence.  If the search was improper, an attorney may be able to file a motion to suppress the evidence.  My firm handles such matters and offers free case consultations.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.