What can I do if I want to sue to a company due it not providing the services that we agreed on?

This has cost me additional fees, plus stress on the day of the wedding. I have the contract, email and text message exchanges that indicated the type of

decoration I needed and the theme of the wedding along with evidence of the

services provided.

Asked on August 17, 2018 under Business Law, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

Yes, if you have a contract and supporting documents specifiying the decorations they agreed to provide and which you agreed to pay for and they did not provide those decorations or other services, they violated their contract and you can sue them. You cannot sue for your stress; there is no compensation in breach of contract cases for stress. You can sue for any additional costs or fees you incurred, and/or for the difference in value between what you contacted/paid for and what they provided.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.