If I want to trade my labor for services, how can I do this without the other person being liable if I get hurt?

Asked on September 26, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can write up a contract or agreement between the two of you, which agreement will include a waiver of liability an agreement by you to not sue or seek compensation for any on-the-job injuries. You can also protect both of you by having adequate insurance especially medical/health insurance and liability insurance in case you accidentally hurt anyone else or damage/destroy property for yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.