I want to find out when my marriage was annulled

Marriage would have been in the early 60’s. Location was Houston Missouri. My
name is Shirley Ann Sims, Sims is my maiden name.

Asked on February 20, 2019 under Family Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

It may be very difficult to determine this. Annulment requires a legal (court) case. The records from cases from the 60s--from 50 years ago--may no longer exist or if the exist, may not be findable: they could have been lost or destroyed. Even if they exist and are filed somewhere locatable, in some old government records room or vault, generally, to find the records from the case, which will include the date you seek, you need to know the county the case was brought in, the year the case was filed, and its docket (official case ID) number. If you know those things, you can contact the county court clerk's office and see how you would search for such old records, but without all that information, it is vanishingly unlikely that you could even locate the records.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.