I want a specific person to get my vehicle without probate or other delays after I die.

The only way I know of is to do a Transfer on Death, but the state I live in does not recognize that form. Is there another way to do this?

Asked on April 22, 2017 under Estate Planning, Idaho


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

A living trust is another alternative. The advantage of a living trust is that your vehicle or other property will be inherited by your beneficiary upon your death without the expense or delay of probate. This is the advantage of a living trust.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.