If I want a divorce from my husband and he files as adultery, what are my chances of keeping complete shared custody of our son?

Asked on July 9, 2012 under Family Law, South Carolina


Brad Micklin / The Micklin Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is hard to answer your question without more information.  There are 2 types of custody: legal and physical.  Legal custody is which parent makes the important decisions concerning the child such as religious, medical and educational decisions.  Physical custody is where the child resides most of the time.  Both types of custody are generally "joint" but that does not mean equal.  

Custody decision are decided based upon what is in the child's best interest.  This determination depends on many different statutory factors.  Any attorney will need more information than that which you posted to answer this question more thoroughly.

You should speak with an experienced attorney to address your issues.

Brad M. Micklin, Esq.

187 Washington Ave., Suite 2f

Nutley, NJ 07110



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.