If I want to end my marriage, what is my option for a speedy and cheap dissolution?

Asked on February 20, 2016 under Family Law, Ohio


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

In OH, a marriage can be ended either through divorce or dissolution. A dissolution of marriage may eliminate much of the divorce process and expense since, unnlike a divorce, fault grounds are not at issue.  Dissolution is often thought of as no-fault divorce.
You can file for a dissolution yourself. There are on-line sites that have the forms and instructions for filing. They charge a small fee.Also, the state legal services has a site with information that will help; here is a link:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.