If I violated probation for not paying DUI fines and now have a warrant for my arrest, what is the best course of action to take care of this?

Do I just go to court and turn myself in?

Asked on July 31, 2014 under Criminal Law, Delaware


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You should retain counsel/  Your attroeny can contact the prosecutor to see if the warrant can be stayed pending ahearing.  There may also be a number of defenses to the violation. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.