What to do if I used to work for a DJ company and was fired but my photo remains on the site a whole month after being let go?

I feel I am being represented falsely by my photo and name still being advertised on the site as a member of the staff when I am not anymore.

Asked on March 8, 2013 under Business Law, Massachusetts


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your employer for invasion of privacy.  One type of invasion of privacy is the use of one's name or likeness for commercial purposes without consent.

Your damages (the amount of compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit for invasion of privacy) would include general damages and if applicable, mental distress, physical illness and harm to your business or social interests.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.