If I used my father’s credit card and ran up a bill under $1,000, will they extradite me back to the state where I committed the crime?

I was charged with a 5th degree felony and I have to pay it back.

Asked on April 5, 2014 under Criminal Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you have been arrested for the crime written about then you most likely will be extradited back to the ciunty and state where the crime arose. Given the circumstances that you have written about, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney in the county where the charge has been filed. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.