If I traded a swing set for an air conditioner and now have the A/C but the guy won’t come get the swing set, how long do I have to store the set for him?

It has been more than 2 years. Can I give it to someone else?

Asked on July 25, 2015 under Business Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

I am assuming this was a verbal agreement to make the trade.  Verbal contracts are enforceable for up to three years in Arizona.  Therefore, if you give the swing set away less than three years after agreeing to the trade, he could sue you for breach of contract.  Unless you want to deliver it to him, it would be wise to at least hold on to it until the three years is up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.