i stole from my job when i was 17 i am now 25 and they are sendng me a letter to appear in court do i need a attorney?

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It's always a better idea to have an attorney when you have to go to court.  I don't know what this might be about, without a lot more facts.  But I do know that one place you can find qualified lawyer is our website, http://attorneypages.com

Whatever you do, do not miss your court appearance.  That won't solve anything, and it will create new troubles all by itself.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.