What can I do if I settled with an auto insurance company after an accident but now I have neck pains?

I settled with auto insurance company after an accident, however now my minor son is

experiencing headaches and has neck pains?

Asked on April 27, 2016 under Personal Injury, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Bring the settlement agreement to a personal injury attorney to review with you: settlement agreements can bar you from later lawsuits, if you discover additional injuries or damage, but they only bar you within the terms of the agreement. In particular, if the settlement was only for you personally, it might not bar a lawsuit on behalf of your son, for his injuries. Let experienced personal injury counsel review the agreement with you, and let you know if you can seek compensation for your son.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.