How can I expunge an erroneous arrest?

I retired from medical care after 20 years in a hospital and moved to Anchorage. I 5 worked in a hospital here until my fingerprints came back with a robbery conviction from 52 years ago. I had been picked up erroneously and charged until the victim told the courts that I was not the person who robbed him, and that I was just a kid who he had never seen before. The judge dismissed the case and sent me home. That unfortunate incident is keeping me from working.

Asked on October 9, 2013 under Criminal Law, Alaska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You cannot expunge an eeroneous arrest because there was no corminal conviction to expunge. However, you can retain an attorney to file a moiton to seal the arrest file per a court order. Such an attorney in the locality of where you were arrested can be found on

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.