What are my options for the immediate removal of a tenant who has been drunk for 2 weeks causing destruction, making threats and menacing the neighborhood?

I rent a room to a tenant. I gave him a 30 day notice but would like him out sooner. What are my options?

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You could request a civil harassment protective order, part of the remedy involved could be a "kick-out" order or a "stay-away order."

You can look at http://www.courts.ca.gov/1044.htm for some helpful information from the court website.

If you are in the Ventura County area, feel free to contact me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.