Can Imove out of stateifI recently was charged with a DUI even though I have not yet received my citation?

I was in a single car accident in which I went off the road. I was caught on a DUI with an alcohol level of 0.123. My company had previously arranged for me to move out of state for work purposes which is to start in about 2 weeks. Can I still make this move even though I have not got any citation from the police? I already have set up with the post office to forward all my mail to my new address.

Asked on March 5, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.