What to do if I recently started a business and hired someone to install a complete fire sprinkler system and they started the job but have not finished it?

The person has not respond to multiple text messages, and calls. a $4000 initial was made with a verbal contract. I want to proceed with legal action. What should I do?

Asked on April 24, 2013 under Business Law, Georgia


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

At this point you can sue the company in small claims court. There has been a breach of contract. What you need to do is to bing a copy of the contract with you, along with pictures. witness statements, if any, copies of the text messages and all other releveant proof of your claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.