What to do if I recently purchased a prepackaged donut and upon eating it discovered a band-aid inside?

I have called company and they have called back several times insisting I send it to them. They’re having a high ranking official in their company contact me as to where I send it to them.

Asked on January 9, 2013 under Personal Injury, Florida


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you are considering filing a lawsuit, you may want to contact a products liability attorney first.  In the alternative, take pictures and document the event before handing anything over.  Once you send the product to them, they will then have all the evidence that you would have needed in a products liability suit (in the event that you decided to pursue one).  Some people have no interest in a suit when they find foreign objects in their food items-- they simply want a refund and want the company to know that they have an issue.  If this is your mindset, then go ahead and send the product to them so that they can take corrective action.

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I understand your concern. You should save the donut by placing it in a zip lock bag and place such in the freezer. From there wait until you have a company representative contact you after you have spoken to a consumer law attorney as to what legal options if any you may have as to the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.