I recently purchased a home in Pasco county and had a survey done and a neighbor has built several things on my property what can be done

I approached the neighbor that has infringed on my
property and he said that I didnt understand the way
things are done here and that I should just be a good
neighbor and let it go and if it were just a foot or so I
would agree. But he has taken from myself and the
neighbor on both sides of me in excess of 8,000 sq.
Ft. How should this be handled

Asked on April 3, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

So you would need to seek legal help and bring an action to "quiet title" and establish the boundaries of your property.  He may bring an action of adverse possession if he meets the statutory requirements.  Talk with the other neighbor as well.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.