What should I do if I recently found out that my employer’s worker comp insurance has been canceled for non payment. over a year ago?

Asked on August 14, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Maine


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I would consult with the human resources department at work as to why the worker's compensation policy of your employer is no longer in effect. Under state and federal law, worker's compensation is required to be in place. If the answer to your question is not satisfactory and there is no set date for installment of the policy, you should consult with a labor attorney or a representative with your local department of labor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.